Why I Chose This Lens
By Marissa King
I chose Psychoanalytic as my lens for this project because I enjoy learning about psychology and why people think and act the way they do. I find it interesting when in a book, you are able to connect their thoughts and emotions about anything to their actions towards the subject. When a character shares internal thoughts you are able to analyze why they are who they are and what makes them who they are. You can see if they act because of their nature or nurture and what their Id, Ego and Superego are like. We can infer their future behaviors by analyzing a character's Id, Ego and Superego. This lens is interesting to me because I love psychology, and want to major in it. So if I am able to read this book with a psychoanalytic lens then I feel I will start making my way to being ready for college and using the skills I learned in this project.

No comments:
Post a Comment